Saturday, July 9, 2022

30 Day Workout Challenge.. Yes another one 🙂

    Hi everyone and Welcome Back... Lots of stuff has happened since I have posted like a new roof / porch, multiple projects around the house getting worked on and lets not forget COVID. All of this together has given us lots of stress and worry over a long period of time. Trying to exercise to keep in shape and do projects around the house, has been what I call, Yo-Yo fitness. Sometimes you feel too tired to work out or there is too much stuff to move around to get the weight bench and weights out. I even have bands that are good for some exercises but uncomfortable for others. I decided to try and get back into shape without weights or bands, using only body weight and modified body weight exercises. I have relooked into mobility training, full body training and how Hollywood stars train for roles. Most of what I found shows the stars training with simple moves and not straight to weights with multiple sets training, nor running for miles or training to exhaustion. Armed with this information, its a great time to pick a good routine to restart with, and we have several.

Getting in shape should be a whole body feeling. It is not always practical to get straight to a body building routine of bench pressing or bicep curls and a ton of isolation movements. It seems a good start is bodyweight exercises that push your limits. If you cannot pick yourself up or pull yourself around with just your own weight, are you in good shape ? That's one of the a few reasons to start a 30 day challenge with body weight moves and the KISS method. Keeping It Short and Simple and not needing any equipment is a way most anyone can get started to get back in shape right away.

Now what do I do ?

My research found lots of routines to try including those to get your stomach flat or you buttocks tight. Those routines, however great, will not give you a full rounded workout. Look for something that would get you feeling warmed up quickly and make you sweat. You never want to try a full routine right out of the box because you don't want to hurt yourself right at the start. I ended up finding the routine below and tried it twice, separate days apart and felt good about it. When I tried the routine, I took my time with it and didn't rush and didn't do the full reps but did just half the count each time. I felt confident that this was a good routine to start with, it gave me that good full body feeling.

Below is the routine and link for this 30 Day Challenge and this routine is one of the TOP 10 HIIT in the article. I felt this routine was the best to try and felt the most rounded.


1st SET

  • 30 Jumping Jacks
  • 20 Squats
  • 10 Pushups
  • 30 Second REST
2nd SET
  • 30 Mountain Climbers
  • 20 Lunges
  • 10 Pushups
  • 30 Second REST

3rd SET

  • 30 Pulsing Squats
  • 20 Burpees
  • 10 Pushups
  • 30 Second REST

4th Set

  • 30 Bicycle Crunches
  • 20 Cross Jacks
  • 10 Pushups
  • 30 Second REST


Repeat ALL, starting at Set 1

https://www.experimentsinwellness.com/best-hiit-workouts-at-home/amp/

I addition to the routine, I plan on doing two more things. The first thing is to cool down for 5 minutes so as to get the heart rate back to normal. This should give the body time to normalize itself before moving on. The second thing to try is to Meditate. Consider it just one more rest and reset if you will. Just as much as you work out and rest your body, your mind should be given that comfort too. When it comes to meditating, many use music, silence or a special candle. I am going meditate for 5 minutes and try all 3 over the course of the 30 days and see which one fits best. In order to help concentrate, use a timer, watch or phone app to count down the 5 minutes. I wanted to use my fitness tracker to see how my heart rate fares from day one to day thirty but it has wondrously decided to glitch out and become useless recently. My tracker has worked great for at least 3 years now and has recently decided to randomly shut down, start to track a fitness routine, indefinite heart rate monitor and deplete the battery fast. My tracker use to last days but now it last hours so I will be on the lookout for a new one.

Day one of this 30 Day Challenge starts tomorrow July 5th. Thanks for hanging in there till the end and I hope you are going to try this too. Be sure to come back to hear about my progress and Best of Luck if you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment